Information relating to the Summit ISO 9001:2008 certification is available here.
Note: * denotes core product. Certifications for dependent products are carried over from core products.
ETSI, FCC, IC, and MIC Compliance
Summit is committed to strict compliance with all applicable regulations:
- ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute) - The standards body for most of Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and parts of Asia.
- FCC (Federal Communications Commission) - The regulatory agency and standards body for the Americas and parts of Asia.
- IC (Industry Canada) - The regulatory agency and standards body for Canada.
- MIC Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications(formerly TELEC) - The standards body for Japan.
Click here to view a list of Regulatory Domains by country.
Wi-Fi Alliance and Cisco Compatible Extensions Compliance
Note: Summit has authored a white paper on the value of CCX to mobile computers and medical devices.
All Summit devices are fully compliant with European Union Directive 2003/95/EC or Reduction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS). Click here to view our Declaration of Compliance.
Earning Device-Level Certifications
Summit helps device makers earn certifications for devices that use Summit modules and cards.
By leveraging Summit regulatory grants, test reports and approvals, a device maker can minimize the cost, time and complexity of attaining all required regulatory certifications for:
- Mobile Devices (those devices that typically operate at distances greater than 20 cm or 7.9 inches from the human body, such as vehicle mounted terminals).
- Portable Devices (those devices which typically operate at distances less than 20 cm or 7.9 inches from the human body, such as body-worn Portable Data Terminals).
Core Product Table
Summit Data Communications offers multiple versions of core products which provide for alternative physical interfaces and/or multiple antenna options. The radio performance of the versions is identical to the radio performance of the core product.
Summit uses the core product certifications to certify multiple versions. The following table describes each core product and the Summit devices that fall under its certification:
|Core Product||Description Type||Associated Versions|
|SDC-CF10AG||802.11a/g Compact Flash Module with Antenna Connectors||Certifications for the SDC-CF10AG apply to the following devices:|
|SDC-CF10G||802.11g Compact Flash Module with Antenna Connectors||Certifications for the SDC-CF10G apply to the following devices:|
|SDC-MCF10AG||802.11a/g Mini Compact Flash Module with Antenna Connectors||Certifications for the SDC-MCF10AG apply to the following device:
|SDC-MCF10G||802.11g Mini Compact Flash Module with Antenna Connectors||Certifications for the SDC-MCF10G apply to the following device:
|SDC-MSD30AG||802.11a/g Mini SDIO Module with Antenna Connectors||Certifications for the SDC-MSD30AG apply to the following device:
|SDC-PE15N||802.11n PCI Express Mini Card with Antenna Connectors||Certifications for the SDC-PE15N apply to the following device:|
|SDC-MSD40NBT||802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth module with dual band antenna capabilities||N/A|
|SDC-SSD40NBT||802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth System in Package (SIP) module with dual band antenna capabilities||N/A|
|SDC-WB40NBT||802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Device Server module with dual band antenna capabilities||N/A|
Click here to access a formal letter of explanation for Summit's certified core and dependent products.
The certification process can be a complicated one. If you have questions that are not addressed here, please contact our certifications group by email or by telephone at 330.434.7929.